A couple of questions for an informal survey following Trinity Sunday:
(1) In your parish's sanctuary, do you have any symbols/icons for the Trinity? (in stain glass, on the baptismal font, alter, etc...). Along with this, when (approx.) was your sanctuary built or redecorated into its current state?
(2) Do you say/sing the gloria patri in worship (Glory be to the Father...)? The doxology (Praise God from whom all blessings flow...)? Are there any other overt or subtle invocations of the Trinity (e.g. the benediction)? How frequently is the Nicene creed used in worship?
(3) Have you ever heard (or given) a sermon on the importance of the doctrine of the Trinity? Or any teaching on it in worship other than "it's complicated/it's a mystery"?
(4) Do baptisms take place in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit or something else (creator, redeemer, sustainer)?
(5) Do you consider the Trinity to be an important part of Christian teaching.
|comments: Leave a comment|